This is a simple yet tasty dish. It’s a quick and easy dinner your family will love.
- 200 gm beef (cut across the grain into strips)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cm ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 red pepper (cut into strips, same size as beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
- Dash of white pepper
- Cut beef across the grain into 2 cm strips.
- Marinate beef strips with baking powder, soya sauce, sesame oil and cornflour. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a hot pan, add oil. When oil is smoking, add marinated beef strips.
- Spread out the beef but do not stir the beef. Allow the beef to sear until lightly brown. Stir fry quickly and remove beef to a plate.
- Add red pepper strips, ginger and garlic. Stir fry until peppers are tender, adding any juices from the beef. Spread Shaoxing wine around the pan.
- Add seasoning and beef and stir fry quickly. Remove and serve immediately with steamed rice.