Steamed pork ribs with black beans is one of my favourite dishes. The pork ribs are tender and juicy and the sauce is fragrant and delicious. It goes really well with steamed rice – very appetising & tasty. This is a simple recipe. If you have time, fry the black beans and garlic in a little oil over low flame. This will give the dish extra flavour.
- 500 gm pork ribs (cut into 1″ pieces)
- 1 Tbsp salt in a bowl of water
- 2 tsp black beans (if you have time, fry the black beans in a little oil. This will significantly improve the dish)
- 1 tsp chilli bean sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Add salt to a bowl of water. Soak the pork ribs in this solution for 1 hour. The purpose is to tenderise the pork ribs and remove all impurities and blood from the pork ribs.
- After an hour, massage the pork ribs, wash the ribs under running water. Strain to remove water and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add black beans, chilli bean sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce into the pork ribs and mix well.
- Add cornflour and mix well with the pork ribs.
- Top with half of the minced garlic.
- Place in a steamer and steam on high for half an hour.
- In the meanwhile, add oil in a pan and add the remaining chopped garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- When the pork ribs are ready, pour the garlic oil over the pork ribs before serving.