I have been wanting to cook this dish for a long time. Finally, found some cooked salted duck eggs in the Asian grocery store. This is a really simple dish to prepare with only prawns and salted duck eggs. but oh so very delicious! 😍😋👍
- 5-6 king prawns (with shells)
- 5-6 shelled prawns
- 2 salted duck eggs (cooked)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Clean the prawns really well.
- Carefully pull back the head without breaking it from the body. Rinse under a cold tap and remove the nasty bits in the head.
- Slit the back of the prawn and remove any black line. Slitting the prawn will make it easier to remove the flesh from the shell when eating.
- Snip off the sharp spike at the tail. This will prevent any injury when chewing that tasty prawn shell and the egg yolk. yum!
- Rub some salt on both shelled and un-shelled prawns.
- Dry the prawns in kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the salted duck eggs. I use cooked salted duck eggs.
- Cut the the egg into 2. It will be easier to break the shell by first tapping with a knife.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out the egg yolk.
- Mash the egg yolk with a spoon or fork. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or pan. When hot, add the prawns. Allow the prawns to fry and flip over only when brown. Fry until both sides are golden. Remove the prawns to a dish leaving the oil behind.
- Add mashed egg yolks to the oil. It will start to sizzle. Stir with a spatula until the yolks become frothy.
- Add the golden prawns into the frothy egg yolks. Stir well to combine until the prawns are fully coated with the egg yolk. Yummy 😋