This Brown Butter Pecan Cookie is crispy on the outside and soft in the centre. I love that nutty aroma and tasted. So fragrant and delicious! 😋😋🥰
(makes 25 cookies)
- 80 gm pecan (coarsely chopped)
- 21 gm butter (for toasting pecans)
- 110 gm butter
- 100 gm dark brown sugar
- 50 gm raw sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 125 gm self raising flour
- 1/2 Tbsp cornflour
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Topping: 25 pecans
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped pecans and stir together, until the pecans are lightly toasted. Be careful not to burn the pecans. Remove and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Swirl the pan until the top of the butter become foamy. The colour of the butter will have turned orangey brown with a slightly nutty aroma. Remove from heat and immediately pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the brown and raw sugars and whisk to combine well.
- Add eggs, and beat until just combined. Add vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour.
- Add cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Fold in the toasted pecans (from 1).
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop, make balls of dough and place onto the prepared baking tin, leaving a couple of inches between each ball of dough for spreading.
- Firmly press a pecan half on top of each ball of dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. (See note below).
- Leave the cookies to cool in the baking tin for 15 mins. Then carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
Note: I used an air fryer to bake some of the cookie dough. I found that there is less spread, hence a thicker cookie. The outside is crispy and the centre is nice and soft. The air fryer also takes less baking time.