This pistachio chocolate shortbread is so fragrant and buttery. I could happily eat the whole lot in one seating but am wary of the effect on my cholesterol level! Instead, I have this little treat every couple of hours. So looking forward to the next …… 🤤
- 25 gm ground pistachio
- 90 gm softened butter
- 35 gm caster sugar
- 110 gm flour
- 30 gm rice flour
- Dash of salt
- dark chocolate
- white chocolate
- chopped pistachio
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
- Grind pistachio finely. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. You can do this by hand or use an electric beater.
- Add ground pistachio, flour, rice flour and salt to the butter mixture.
- Mix well and use your hands to form a smooth dough.
- Cut the dough into 2. Place dough on a greaseproof baking paper.
- Roll dough into a flat circle 5mm thick. Use a fork to prick the surface of the dough.
- Use a small knife to score the dough into 8 wedges.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool and cut the wedges at the slits.
- In the meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water. Use a steamer to avoid scalding.
- Scoop the melted chocolate over the narrow end of the wedge. Sprinkle chopped pistachio over the chocolate. Place the shortbread on the baking paper.