Char Siew Ribs is my attempt at combining slow cooking and air frying techniques. The result is super tender pork ribs with the grilled taste of char siew topped with yummy char siew sauce. 🤤 😋
750 gm pork ribs
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1/2 tsp five-spice powder
1 cube of red fermented chilli bean curd
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp sugar
Dash of white pepper
1 tbsp cooking wine (I didn’t add this)
2 tbsp of oil
Thickener: 2 tbsp cornflour mixed in 2 tbsp of water
- Add all ingredients into the pork ribs. Massage well and marinate the pork ribs for at least 2 hours (best overnight).
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil and add the marinated pork ribs. Fry till brown.
- Add the remaining marinade and bring it to the boil. Simmer till the ribs become tender. I used my slow cooker and set it at high for 2 hours.
- Pick out the pork ribs and drizzle with a little oil. Place them in a pre-heated air fryer. Air- fry at 200°C for 5 minutes till golden.
- In the meanwhile, heat the remaining sauce in the pot and thicken with cornflour solution.
- Remove the air-fried pork ribs to a serving plate. Drizzle char siew sauce on top just before serving. 🤤 😋