Steamed pork rib in black bean sauce is a regular dish in my childhood. Now I make this dish regularly for my family. It is an easy dish to prepare. Here are 3 tips to ensure a fragrant and flavoursome outcome.
1. Massage the seasoning into the pork rib and marinate the pork rib for several hours, preferably overnight.
2. Fry the salted black bean and minced garlic in a little oil over low flame until fragrant before massaging into the pork rib.
3. Make sure the water in the steamer is boiling before commencing steaming. Steam over high heat.
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp salted black beans (smashed)
1 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
500 gm pork rib (chop into 2″ pieces)
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
Dash of white pepper
2 tbsp of stock
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp sesame oil
2 chillies (sliced)
Handful of spring onion (sliced)
1. Mix salted black beans and garlic. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and add black bean mixture to fry till fragrant. When frying, add 2 tbsp of stock gradually allowing the mixture to absorb the stock.
2. Marinate pork rib with fried black bean mixture, soya sauce, dark soya sauce, sugar and white pepper and 2 tbsp of stock. Massage the seasoning into the pork rib. Cover with cling wrap and set aside to marinate for several hours in the fridge, preferably overnight.
3. Just before steaming, add cornflour and sesame oil. Mix well.
4. Spread pork rib in a single layer in a deep dish. Top the prepared pork rib with sliced chillies. Steam on high for 15-20 minutes. Top with spring onion.