I LOVE durian. The aroma, the texture and the taste, it is truly a king of fruits.
I used to think that using fresh durian to make a pudding or ice cream is such a waste of fresh durian. However if you have a slightly imperfect durian in terms of sweetness or texture, it is worthwhile using it to make a pudding. Durian pudding is creamy and sweet and full of durian flavour.
120 gm fresh durian pulp
30 gm sugar
1.2 egg yolk
220 ml milk
2/3 tbsp gelatine
50 ml water
1. Mix durian pulp with sugar with a fork until well combined and creamy.
2. Add egg yolk and mix well.
3. Add milk and stir to combine.
4. Set up a steamer and place the bowl of durian mixture in the top layer of the steamer. Stir constantly and gently cook for 10 minutes.
5. In the meanwhile, place a spoon of gelatine into a cup. Add water and stir to combine. Leave it for 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, place the cup in a bowl of hot water. Stir to dissolve the gelatine.
7. Add gelatine water to the cooked durian mixture. Stir to combine.
8. Pass the mixture through a sieve to remove all solids.
9. Pour into dessert cup. Chill in the fridge until set.