This Pineapple Cake is rich, buttery and moist and full of pineapple flavour. It’s easy to make and uses common household ingredients that one would already have in a pantry.
25 gm butter
2 cups of pineapple cubes (canned or fresh)
85 gm of flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs + 1 yolk
85 gm melted butter
65 gm of caster sugar
A couple drops of vanilla essence
1/2 tsp lemon zest
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Line bottom of 9″ round cake tin with baking paper.
3. Drain pineapple cubes and fry them in 25 gm of butter on low heat for around 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain pineapple and discard the juice in the pan.
4. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
5. Beat the eggs.
6. Add melted butter, sugar, vanilla esennce and lemon zest.
7. Stir in the flour mixture and fried pineapple.
8. Scoop into the baking tin. Use a spatula to smooth the top.
9. Bake in pre-heated oven until golden for 35 minutes.
10. Cool in the baking tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
11. Dust with icing sugar before serving.