Tofu Hot Plate is a combination of different textures : crispy golden tufo and minced pork in a gravy served on a hot plate with bubbling eggs.
- 1 roll of tofu (cut into 6 pieces)
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 100 gm pork (minced)
- 6 green prawns (shelled)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 2 mushrooms (diced)
- 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
- Sauce – combine in a bowl:
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli bean sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil for frying
- 2 eggs (beaten)
1. Cut tofu into thick slices and pat dry with kitchen towel. Sprinkle salt, black pepper, cornflour and rice flour.
2. Deep fry the tufo pieces till golden brown, Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add garlic and fry till fragrant.
3. Add mushroom, carrot, minced pork, prawns and red pepper. Fry till cooked.
4. Stir in the sauce and let it simmer for 5 mins.
5. Add thickener and stir well. Turn off heat when the gravy thickens. Remove and set aside.
6. In the meanwhile, heat up a cast iron pan till hot. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and pour in the beaten eggs. Let eggs cooked without stirring.
7. Top with the golden tofu and pour the minced pork & vegetable and gravy over tofu. Let the whole mixture cook for a couple of minutes. Serve from cast iron pan directly. If not using a cast iron pan, slide the tofu omelette to a serving plate.
You may also like the following recipes: