This recipe is a twist on the usual omelette that you would normally make at home. Adding cornflour to the mixture and cooking in a little more oil than usual make the edges of the omelette crispy. Just drain off the excess oil after the omelette is done. Very yummy indeed.
Handful of beansprout (top & tail)
6-8 small prawns (shell, drain & marinate with salt)
1 cup of char siew (slice thinly )
1 tbsp chives (optional)
2 eggs (beat)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 tbsp of water:
4 tbsp oil
1. Boil 2 cups of water in a pan. Add bean sprout, char siew and prawn to the water. Par boil for 30 seconds. Remove and drain. Set aside.
2. Add salt to beaten egg. Mix well. Add cornflour mixture and stir to combine.
3. Add drained char siew and prawn mixture to beaten eggs. Stir to mix. Add chives now if using.
4. Heat oil in a pan on low heat. Stir the egg mixture before adding to the pan. Once in the pan, do not stir the egg mixture. Leave to cook until the egg mixture is stabilised. Flip over and cook the other side. Again, do not stir, just leave it to cook for a few minutes. Shake the pan and flip the omelette over. Turn up heat and cook each side for 30 seconds until golden brown.
5. Push the omelette to the side of the pan and drain off the oil. Remove crispy egg omelette to serve.