Risoni is a type of pasta that resembles large grains of rice. I like the smooth yet al dente texture of risoni. It goes really well with tomatoes and crispy skin salmon.
- 2 salmon fillets with skin on
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- 125 gm risoni (rice like pasta)
- 1 clove of garlic (sliced)
- 1 chilli (deseeded & sliced)
- 8-10 green beans (snip off top & tail and cut into 1 cm pieces)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
1. Cook the risoni in salted boiling water till just tender. Drain and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
2. Dry the salmon fillets with kitchen towel. Season with salt & black pepper.
3. Heat oil in pan till smoking hot. Add salmon skin down and let it cook for a couple of minutes till skin becomes crispy.
4. Flip over to the other side and cook for another minute or so. Remove and set aside.
5. Add garlic and chilli and fry till fragrant.
6. Add green beans, tomatoes and ketchup and cook for a few minutes till tomatoes become soft.
7. Stir in cooked risoni and reserved cooking liquid. Mix well to ensure the risoni is fully coated with the sauce.
8. Add salt & black pepper to taste.
9. Remove to serving plates and top with crispy salmon.