Banana Cake with Almond (without butter)
This banana cake is moist, full of banana flavour and has a crispy top. I use ripe bananas so was able to significantly reduce the amount of sugar. Rice bran oil is used in place of butter. Overall, a healthier version of banana cake – which allows me to indulge in more than one slice at a time!
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 60 ml rice bran oil
- 2 eggs
- 60 gm brown sugar 60
- 2 drops of vanilla essence
- 115 gm self raising flour
- 5 gm cornflour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mash bananas with a fork.
- Add oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix to combine.
- Add flour and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Line a cake tin with greaseproof baking paper. Pour mixture into the tin.
- Bake at 180°C for 45 mins. Check with a bamboo skewer. Cake is cooked if it comes out clean.
- Leave cake in the tin for 5 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.