How to Grow Bean Sprout at Home – easy peasy
Growing bean sprout at home is so easy – all you will need is a handful of green beans (mung beans), water and an empty clean tetrapack! It’s quick too –
wait for 5 days and you will harvest a tetrapack full of bean sprout from only 30 gm of green beans. Watch this video to see how this is done. Easy peasy!
VIDEO LINK: https://youtu.be/NZuqkBmWyiQ
- 30 gm of green beans (mung beans)
- Soak the green beans in water for one day. This will help the sprouting process.
- Snip the 4 corners of the tetrapack on the same side as the cap.
- Pour the soaked green beans into the tetrapack through the cap opening.
- Turn on the tap and fill the tetrapack with water till the water spill out through the snipped corners.
- Cap the tetrapack and turn it upside down to drain the water from the 4 snipped corners.
- Wrap up the tetrapack with a towel and place it in a dark place. I like to put it in the oven when it is not in use. Make sure you don’t turn the oven on by mistake or the sprouts will be cooked – this happened once to me! Ha Ha.
- Repeat this process of adding water and draining twice a day for the next 5 days.
- After 5 days, the tetrapack will be bulging with bean sprout. It is time to harvest!
- Carefully open the tetrapack and you will be greeted with an amazing bunch of juicy bean sprout. I like this part best.
- Soak the bean sprout in water and eat within 2 days. I like to top and tail the bean sprout – looks amazing!