Crispy Tofu with Crispy Garlic & Chilli
The tofu is super crispy on the outside and soft and tender inside. This crispy tofu is coated with crispy garlic and spicy chilli – very yummy and so easy to make! Click on link to watch how I prepared this dish.
- 1 block of silken tofu or egg tofu
- Dash of salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 6 cloves of garlic (add, if you like more)
- 1 fresh chilli (add, if you like more)
- Dry tofu with kitchen paper and cut into cubes. I use egg tofu for this recipe. Note: If using silken tofu, place kitchen paper on tofu and place a weight on it. This will help squeeze out water from tofu and make it easy to crisp up the tofu.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides of the tofu cubes.
- Mix flour, rice flour, salt and black pepper in a separate bowl.
- Press tofu cubes in the flour mixture and ensure they are fully coated on all sides.
- Chop garlic and fresh chilli and set aside.
- Heat a couple tablespoons of oil.
- Once oil is hot (some bubbles gorm when a chopstick in inserted), add the coated tofu into the oil.
- Leave tofu to fry till golden before flipping them over to the other side. Ensure all sides are fried to golden before removing to a plate.
- Add garlic and chilli to the pot and fry at low heat till garlic turn golden.
- Add the crispy tofu to the garlic and chilli mixture and stir to mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.