The tofu is super crispy on the outside and soft and tender inside. This crispy tofu is coated with crispy garlic and spicy chilli – very yummy and so easy to make! Click on link to watch how I prepared this dish.
- 1 block of silken tofu or egg tofu
- Dash of salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 6 cloves of garlic (add, if you like more)
- 1 fresh chilli (add, if you like more)
1. Dry tofu with kitchen paper and cut into cubes. I use egg tofu for this recipe. Note: If using silken tofu, place kitchen paper on tofu and place a weight on it. This will help squeeze out water from tofu and make it easy to crisp up the tofu.
2. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides of the tofu cubes.
3. Mix flour, rice flour, salt and black pepper in a separate bowl.
4. Press tofu cubes in the flour mixture and ensure they are fully coated on all sides.
5. Chop garlic and fresh chilli and set aside.
6. Heat a couple tablespoons of oil.
7. Once oil is hot (some bubbles gorm when a chopstick in inserted), add the coated tofu into the oil.
8. Leave tofu to fry till golden before flipping them over to the other side. Ensure all sides are fried to golden before removing to a plate.
9. Add garlic and chilli to the pot and fry at low heat till garlic turn golden.
10. Add the crispy tofu to the garlic and chilli mixture and stir to mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.