Almond Croissant – yummy!
If you have some day old croissants on hand, you can easily convert them to yummy almond croissants. Here’s how it is done.
8 medium size croissants
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- a dash of salt
- 50 gm butter (softened)
- 1 egg
2 tbsp almond flakes
Icing sugar for dusting
- Make the syrup by dissolving sugar in water.
- Add vanilla essence and stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil and simmer till thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Make the almond paste by combining sugar, almond meal, salt, butter and egg. Beat till light and fluffy.
- Slice each croissant into 2 halves.
- Dip the croissant into the syrup and place it on the baking paper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of almond paste onto the open face of the bottom half of the croissant.
- Replace the top half.
- Spread another tablespoon on the top of the croissant.
- Sprinkle almond flakes on the almond paste on top of the croissant.
- Bake in a 180°C pre-heated oven for 18 minutes till almond paste become golden.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.