If you like the fragrance of lemongrass, you will like pan-fried pork chops with lemongrass. The meat is tender and tasty and the lemongrass sauce is fragrant and delicious. Use a cast iron pan for the frying to produce that grilled flavour.
- 2 pork chops
- 1/2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
- 1 Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Use a meat tenderiser to hammer the pork chops.
- Prepare marinade:
- Chop garlic, ginger & lemongrass till fine.
- Add soya sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar & oil. Mix well.
- Rub marinade into the pork chops.
- Cover & marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Scrape the marinade from the pork chops before pan frying. This will avoid burning the chops before they are cooked. Set aside the marinade.
- Use a cast iron pan for pan frying – this will produce the best results. Heat 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add pork chops and fry till golden before flipping to the other side.
- Fry till cooked (total time around 8-10 mins). Remove fried pork chops to a serving plate.
- Add the reserved marinade and fry till fragrant. Add a little water and simmer till thickened.
- Pour sauce over pork chops. Yum!