Seafood with Chilli & Oat Flakes – So Quick & Yummy!
Seafood with Chilli & Oat Flakes is a fragrant and delicious dish that is so quick to cook. Cook fish and prawns (or any other seafood) till they are cooked. Add in fragrant curry leaves, chillies and oat flakes and fry till they are fragrant. Mix them together and you will have a yummy plate of seafood within a few minutes. So quick & yummy!
- 14 salmon pieces
- 6 prawns (remove heads but retain shells)
- 1 inch ginger (bashed)
- 2 chillies (sliced)
- 1 garlic (chopped)
- Handful of curry leaves
- Oat Flake mix:
- 2 tbsp oat flakes (pulse rolled oats lightly in a grinder/blender)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Sprinkling of salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- Prepare salmon pieces:
- Cut salmon fillet into thick pieces.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the salmon. Rub to marinate salmon pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp of cornflour and rub to ensure salmon is coated.
- Prepare prawns:
- Remove heads but retain shells. Slit the back of the prawns.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the prawns. Rub to marinate prawns.
- Prepare oat flake mix – blend rolled oats, then stir together with sugar and salt.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil. Add salmon pieces and fry till cooked. Fish is cooked when they turn opaque. Remove to a plate.
- Add prawns and fry till they turn pink. Remove to a plate.
- Add ginger, garlic, chillies, curry leaves and fry till fragrant.
- Add oat flake mix and fry to combine well. The mixture should be fairly dry.
- Add the cooked salmon and prawns and stir well to mix. Serve immediately.