Almond & Blueberry Friand – So Easy!
If you yearn for a delicious snack to accompany your coffee or tea, here is a simple and quick recipe for an Almond & Blueberry Friand. All you need is almond meal, flour, icing sugar, butter and egg. Add whatever fruit and or nut you have on hand and you will have delicious friands within half an hour.
INGREDIENTS (yield 6 muffin size friands)
- Melted butter, to grease
- Plain flour, to dust
- 60 gm icing sugar (sifted)
- 25 gm flour (sifted)
- 50 gm almond meal
- 1 egg
- 60 gm butter (softened)
- 35 gm frozen blueberries (or raspberries)
- 2 tbsp almond flakes
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a muffin pan and dust lightly with flour.
- Add icing sugar, flour and almond meal in a bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add egg and beat with the flour mixture.
- Add softened butter and stir until well combined.
- Spoon friand mixture into muffin holes … up to the top of pan.
- Add blueberries to the mixture.
- Top with almond flakes.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and leave friand to cool for 5 mins in the muffin pan.
- Un-mould friands to wire tray to cool completely.
- Dust the friands with icing sugar to serve.