Pork Meatball with Creamy Potato – Simple!
Pork Meatball with Creamy Potato ia a very simple home-made dish. My mum made this regularly during my childhood. This dish certainly brings back a lot of good memories. Mum’s version uses minced pork whereas I prefer to make the minced pork into meatball. I think this produced a more meaty and tender version. Minced pork can become rubbery when overcooked. I like the tender, tasty meatball and the creamy and buttery potatoes in a rich and delicious sauce. Love it!
Video Link: https://youtu.be/_efwSkB_G_Y
- 250 gm of minced pork
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 potato (sliced)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup of pork or chicken stock
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- Place all marinade ingredients and minced pork into a mixing bowl.
- Mix well and form meatballs with teaspoons of the mixture.
- Leave meatballs to marinate for 15 mins.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the frying pan.
- Add sliced potatoes and fry till golden on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add meatballs into the frying pan and fry till the meatbalss are slightly golden.
- Add minced garlic and fry for a minute of two.
- Add fried potatoes and stir fry to mix.
- Add 1 cup of stock and 1 teaspoon of dark soya sauce.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boi. Put the lid on ansd simmer until the sauce thickens.