Pan-fried Salmon in Honey Soy Sauce
I wanted to try out a different sauce for my usual pan-fried salmon. Honey, garlic, soya sauce and lemon juice sound like a gfreat combination of flavours. I was happy with the result – crispy skinned salmon with a sweetish and savoury sauce – the sauce is indeed delicious. I will definitely keep this sauce for future use. Could have also added 1/2 teaspoon of belachan chilli. That would have made this a perfect dish!.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/m2qNeXilzio
- 500 gm salmon fillet (preferably with skin on) – marinate with:
- Dash of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- A couple drops of oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- A handful of toasted sesame seeds
- Wash salmon and pat dry.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, oil and cornflour over fish. Brush evenly and marinate fish for 10 to 15 mins.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil. Place fish skin up on the hot oil and fry for 3-4 mins till golden.
- Flip fish over and fry the skin side for 3-4 mins till golden.
- Flip fish over and pour the sauce and minced garlic into the pan and let the fish simmer in the sauce for a minute or two. Let the sauce caramelise a little.
- Remove fish to a serving plate.
- Add water to the sauce and bring it to the boil. Let sauce thicken and scoop some over the fish.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.
- Pour remaining sauce over the fish and serve immediately.