Pork Meatball with Fried Tofu
Pork meatball with fried tofu is a simple and quick to make dish at home. The savoury, tender meatball, slightly crispy yet smooth tofu and colourful vegetables are slathered in a thick tasty sauce. Full of delicious goodness. Yum!
Video Link: https://youtu.be/tuaKGCGPcoo
- Pork meatball:
- 200 gm minced pork
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cormflour
- 1 tube of silken tofu (cut into 1/2″ rounds)
- cornflour (for dusting)
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Dash of white pepper
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh chilli (sliced)
- 5-6 snow peas (bite size)
- 1 red pepper (bite size)
- 3-4 mushrooms (bite size)
- 1 tomato (bite size)
- Mix pork meatball ingredients together. Shape tablespoons of pork mixture into balls. Set aside.
- Mix sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Dust silken tofu rounds with cornflour. Use finger to pat down cornflour to coat the tofu rounds on both sides.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a frypan.
- Carefuly place the tofu rounds into pan. Fry until golden, then gently flip to the other side and fry till golden. Remove fried tofu to a plate.
- Add in pork meatballs and fry till golden on both sides. Remove fried pork meatballs to a plate.
- Add mushroom, snow peas, red pepper & tomato and fry to mix well.
- Add fried meatball and stir to combine.
- Pour in the sauce, mix and bring mixture to the boil. Cover and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add fried tofu and stir to combine. Remove to a plate and serve immediately with steamed rice.