Lemongrass Pork Steak (Air-fried) EASY!
If you like the fragrance of lemongrass, then you will find lemongrass pork steak irresistible. I also love the combination of salty and sweet flavours in this recipe.
Lemongrass pork steak is best grilled but you could pan-fry it too. I prefer to use the air fryer for a clean and easy way of grilling these pork steaks. Shoulder pork is the best cut for this dish as the fat in the meat helps baste the steaks as they cook.
Lemongrass pork steak is served with steamed rice or rice vermicelli salad in most Vietnamese food stalls. They use a very thin slice of pork chop but I prefer a thicker version. Use the back of a knife or a meat mallet to pound the pork steaks. This will help ensure the pork steaks are juicy and tender.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/SboyHfv52vk
- 2 boneless pork steaks (I like the shoulder cut)
- 2 cloves of garlic (smashed, then minced)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemongrass powder (use fresh stalks of lemongrass where available. Use only the white bit, finely chopped)
- Lots of black pepper
1. Pound the pork steak either with the back of a knife, or use a meat mallet, to tenderise the meat.
2. Marinade the pork steaks:
- Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Rub / massage marinade into the pork steaks.
- Marinate the pork steaks for a couple of hours, preferably overnight, in the fridge.
3. Grill the pork steaks: I prefer to use the air fryer (at 200ºC for 8 mins on one side, flip the pork over once golden brown and continue grilling for another 5 mins. Alternatively, grill the steaks on the barbecue or in the oven. Yoiu oculd also pan fry these pork steaks.