On a day like today when I am too lazy to cook a proper meal, my first thought goes to fried rice. It’s such a simple yet tasty dish to cook. The perfect egg fried rice is one that has every grain of rice fully coated with egg. I added chorizo to give it a smoky flavour and yellow capsicum, green beans and mushrooms for colour. I’m pretty happy with the result. Hubby said it tasted a little like paella.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/g3StrMgqKAs
- 100 gm chorizo (diced)
- 8-10 green beans (sliced)
- 1 yellow capsicum (diced)
- 6 brown mushrooms (diced)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Add green beans and a little water. Cook till beans are tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add chorizo. Fry till slightly crispy.
- Add mushrooms and yellow capsicum and fry for a couple of mins.
- Add green beans. Mix well. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter and add beaten egg. Immediately pour in the cooked rice. Mix rice with egg, ensuring each grain of rice is fully coated with egg. Fry till fragrant.
- Add the fried chorizo mixture and stir fry with the fried rice.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.