Oven Roasted Pork Ribs
You can find Oven Roasted Pork Ribs (often referred to as Barbecue Pork Ribs) laying in large trays when you look through the windows of the Chinese restaurants that sell roast meats in Chinatown. These Oven Roasted Pork Ribs are tender and have a sweet and savoury flavour with a smoky barbecue taste. Making Oven Roasted Pork Ribs at home has the added benefit of having the intoxicating aroma throughout the house during roasting. It whets my appetite and starts me drooling long before the ribs are ready.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/g4pgKxcR4ak
- 750 gm pork ribs (cut between each rib)
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp five-spice powder
- 1/2 a piece of fermented chilli bean curd (available in most Asian grocery shops)
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup or honey (set aside 1 tbsp for later use)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Chinese rose flower wine
- Dash of white pepper
1. Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Massage the marinade into each pork rib.
3. Leave the marinated ribs in the fridge overnight.
4. The next day, place the pork ribs on a wire rack over a roasting pan. Add 1 cup of water in the roasting pan to catch oil drips.
5. Brush the marinade over the ribs on both sides.
6. Roast the marinated pork ribs in the 180ºC oven for a total of 50 mins.
7. In the meanwhile, mix 1 tablespoon of Maple syrup or honey (that has been set aside) with any remaining marinade.
8. During the roasting period, flip over the pork ribs and brush this mixture over the ribs. Do this at least twice during the roasting period.
9. Turn the temperature up to 200ºC for the last 5-10 mins of roasting. Roast the pork ribs until they are caramelised and slightly charred.