Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
Do you like Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies? I do! I love the combination of crispy exterior and the soft, chewy and gooey chocolaty centre.
So, when I found Mrs Fields has actually shared her own recipe online, I had to try baking these lovely chocolate chip cookies. I adapted her recipe just a little and adding my favourite brand of dark chocolate instead of normal cooking chocolate chips. It was perfect! I can now have as many of these cookies as I like – although I really still need to watch my waistline and calorie count….sigh….
Video Link: https://youtu.be/OSMPtbfVdSE
Note: You can find Mrs. Fields’ recipe here https://www.mrsfields.com/blogs/blog/2010/02/recipe-blue-ribbon-chocolate-chip-cookies/
(makes 18 pieces)
- 150 gm flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 100 gm dark brown sugar
- 60 gm raw sugar
- 110 gm butter (cut into small cubes, keep cold in fridge)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 140 gm dark chocolate (cut into small cubes)
Prepare the dough
1. Mix flour, salt and baking powder together.
2. Place dark brown and raw sugar in a mixing bowl and stir to mix well.
3. Add the cold butter from the fridge. Use a mixer and blend to form a paste.
4. Add egg and vanilla essence and continue to blend until just mixed.
5. Sieve flour mixture and add to the mixing bowl. Blend at low speed until just combined.
6. Divide the dough into 2 portions. Add chocolate to one portion and cocoa powder and chocolate to the other portion. Mix well and place the bowls in the fridge for 30 mins. This will help harden the dough.
7. Scoop a tablespoon of dough and shape into a ball. Leave the balls in the fridge until ready to bake. Alternatively simply drop tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet.
Bake the cookies
8. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 150ºC.
9. Place balls of dough onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart to allow for expansion.
10. Bake in 150ºC oven (use the lowest shelf) for 20 mins. or until golden.
11. Transfer baked cookies to a cool surface immediately.