Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta – with peas and almond
Creamy smoked salmon pasta is a quick and simple dish to prepare. I made this with milk and egg, without the addition of cream or cheese. I love the creamy sauce that is flavoured with delicious smoked salmon. Goes well with peas. The crispy almond flakes on top bring additional texture to the dish.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/JYgqEe881cY
INGREDIENTS (2 serves)
- 80 gm pasta
- 100 gm smoked salmon (thin strips)
- 2 tbsp peas
- 15 gm butter
- 1 garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 20 gm almond flakes
1. Cook the pasta in salted water till al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat butter in a saucepan and add garlic. Fry till fragrant.
3. Add flour and stir well to cook the flour.
4. Add milk, a little at a time and stir well to incorporate into a smooth consistency.
5. Add peas and cook for a couple of mins.
6. Add smoked salmon and sprinkle some black pepper.
7. Stir in beaten egg to make a creamy sauce.
8. Add cooked pasta and coat pasta in the creamy sauce. Add black pepper.
9. Remove to serving plates.
10. Heat oil and fry almond flakes till golden.
11. Sprinkle golden almond flakes over pasta and serve.