Oven-Roasted Chicken Wings (Thai flavour)
Asians simply love their chicken wings and there are umpteen ways to cook them – deep fried, oven baked, grilled, bbq, battered, roasted, etc. and many more ways to marinate them. Here is an oven-roasted version to add to your repertoire of delectable chicken wing recipes. These Thai flavour oven-roasted chicken wings are juicy and tender and definitely finger licking good and so easy to make.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/v2WCZr4KNss
- 1 kg chicken wings (jointed)
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce
- ½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp kecap manis (dark sweet soya sauce)
- 1 Tbsp lemon grass powder
- 2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic or garlic flakes
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp oil
1. Cut the chicken wings into their 3 parts. Discard the wing tips.
2. Place all the remaining ingredients into a big bowl and rub the marinade into the chicken wings.
3. Marinate the chicken wings for at least an hour (overnight preferred, if time permits).
4. Place the marinated chicken wings onto an oven rack. Spread some oil onto each wing.
5. Roast them in a 180°oven for 15 mins.
6. Flip the chicken wings over and apply a little oil and remaining marinade onto each wing.
7. Roast for another 15 mins until the chicken wings are golden brown.