Inspired by the Spanish Paella. this dish is cooked Chinese style! I am pleased that this Seafood Paella tasted as good as the Paella we get from the Farmer’s market here.
Video link: https://youtu.be/MmImWmcuwd0
- 500 gm of mixed seafood (prawn, white fish, salmon, scallop and squid)
- 2 cups of cooked rice.
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 inch fresh turmeric (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Season the seafood with salt & black pepper
- Finely chop the turmeric, garlic, shallots, tomato and red pepper.
- Heat oilve oil and add turmeric, garlic & shallot. Fry till fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and red pepper and stir fry for a couple of mins.
- Add seafood, prawn first and leaving fish to the last to be added. Stir to mix.
- Add cooked rice and stir to combine.
- Add sweet paprika and then chicken stock. Mix and simmer till the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Adjust salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Sprinkle coriander or parsley on top and serve.