Steamed Egg with Minced Pork
Steam Egg with Minced Pork is a very simple dish to prepare but oh, so tasty. I like the wobbly, silky smooth texture of a perfectly steamed egg and am excited to share this simple “fail-safe” recipe with you.
The key to a perfectly steamed egg is the amount of water to be added to the egg and the temperature of the steaming process. After cracking the eggs, keep one of the half egg cups to measure double the amount of water needed, so, 3 eggs will require 12 half egg cups of water.
Stir in the seasoning before filtering out the froth. Steam the egg mixture at high heat for one minute, then lower temperature to the lowest setting and continue steaming for 13 minutes. The other trick is to wrap the steamer lid with a kitchen towel when steaming. This will avoid water dripping onto the steamed egg.
Drip some cooked oil infused with fried garlic and soya sauce before serving. Enjoy your silky smooth steamed egg with minced pork!
- 100 gm of minced pork – marinade with:
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- Dash of white pepper
- 4 tsp of water
- 1 Tbsp oil (for frying)
- 3 eggs – beat together with:
- 12 half egg shells of water
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- Topping – combine
- 1 Tbsp garlic infused oil
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
1. Marinade the minced pork for 15 mins.
2. Beat the eggs and seasoning till light & well combined. Pass the egg mixture through a small sieve to remove the bubbles and froth. This will ensure a smooth finish.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan. Add marinaded minced pork and stir fry till cooked.
4. Spread the fried minced pork onto a deep dish. Pour egg mixture over the pork.
5. Set up the steamer and when the water starts to boil vigorously, place the dish into the steamer. Steam on HIGH heat for 1 minute, then reduce the heat to VERY LOW and continue to steam for another 13 mins. till set. Note: to prevent the steam from dripping onto the egg, wrap a kitchen towel around the underside of the lid.
6. Combine 1 Tbsp of garlic infused oil with 1 Tbsp of soya sauce. Pour over the egg when set. Enjoy!