Fancy biting into crunchy yet juicy fish? Then, you must try my Fish Fingers with a Coconut Crust recipe. It’s easy, full of Omega 3 goodness and uses very little oil.
“How to Make” video
- 2 white fish fillets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp oil for shallow frying
1. Dissolve 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt in 1 cup of water. Brine the fish in the mixture for 15 mins. Pat dry.Brine fish fillets with salt, sugar & water for an hour. Add enough water to cover the fish fillets. Brining the fish will give it a juicy texture.
2. Remove fish fillets from from brine. Wipe dry with kitchen towel.
3. Cut fish fillets into finger size batons.
4. Mix 2 Tbsp of desiccated coconut with the Panko breadcrumbs. Coat fish fingers with flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp oil and shallow fry fish finger till golden. Flip to the other side and fry till golden.
6. Serve with roasted sweet potato and a green salad.