Steamed Chicken is a very easy dish to prepare. All I need to do is gather up all the ingredients, cut them and mix them up. Put it in the steamer and the dish is ready. The chicken meat is super tender and the sauce is very tasty. No messy frying and pots and pans to clean up.
Watch how this is prepared
- 2 chicken Maryland (cut into chunks)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1 fresh chilli (sliced)
- 2 pieces of deep fried salt fish (1 inch)
- 3 Chinese mushrooms (soaked in hot water and cut into thick slices)
- 4-5 strips of dried lily flower (soaked in hot water)
- 5 black fungus (soaked in hot water)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp soaking water
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp fried onion
- Topping – 1 Tbsp oil infused with fried onion and garlic paste
1. Put all the ingredients in to a deep dish. Stir together to mix them fully.
2. Place in a steamer for 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked.
3. Pour the topping onto the chicken and steam for another couple of mins and it’s ready to be served. Yummy!