Pan-fried pork steak potato is an easy dish to prepare. The pork steak is tender and goes really well with the fried potatoes. The sauce is delicious. This dish uses Chinese seasoning.
- 600 gm shoulder pork steak – tenderise pork steak & marinade with:
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp five-spice powder
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp cornstarch before frying
- Sauce ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- white pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 fresh chilli (diced)
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 potato (sliced)
- thickener (1/2 Tbsp cornflour + 2 Tbsp water)
1. To tenderise the pork steak, pound the meat with the back of a chopper. Cut into large chunks, then marinade with salt and five spice powder.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan and add sliced potatoes. Fry potatoes till brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of cornflour onto the marinaded pork steak chunks and add to the pan. Fry pork steak till golden. If required, add a little oil to prevent the steak from sticking to the pan. Use a pair of scissors to cut steak chunks into thick slices. Fry till cooked. (Alternatively, remove the pork steak after it’s cooked to a chopping board and cut the pork steak into thick slices using a knife, before continuing with the next step).
4. Add fried potatoes, chilli, red pepper and peas. Stir fry for a couple of minutes, then add ginger and garlic and continue to fry for a couple more minutes.
5. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer the sauce for a few minutes. Add cornflour mixed with water to thicken the sauce.