Meat Ball Pasta – slurp!
Meat Ball Pasta is a simple dish to cook – it requires only three main ingredients (minced beef, diced tomatoes, pasta) and very little time to prepare. This dish always come to mind whenever I am too busy to fuss over cooking a proper meal. And it’s pretty tasty too.
How To Video
- Beef balls – mix together:
- 250 gm extra lean minced beef
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp fried onion
- 2 tbsp panko crumb
- 100 gm pasta (any type of pasta will do)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- A dash of black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oregano
1. Make the beef balls by combining minced beef, fried onion, panko crumb and BBQ sauce. Shape into small balls.
2. Cook the pasta: Add boiling water to a pot and add 1 tbsp salt. Add pasta and cook till tender. Drain.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a heated pot and add beef balls. Brown them.
4. Pour 1 tin of diced tomatoes into the browned beef balls and stir to coat well.
5. Simmer the sauce till thick. Add a dash of black pepper and 1 tbsp sugar. Taste and adjust seasoning, if required.
6. Add cooked pasta and cooked for a minute of two.
7. Add 1 tbsp oregano and it’s ready to be served.