Kale Chips – Easy !
I was told, Kale, a dark green vegetable, is a superfood – a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. Food experts claimed that kale has a high antioxidant content and is packed with minerals and vitamins and may confer nutritional benefits.
I have never had kale before and was not quite sure how to cook it. So when I heard I could make kale chips, I was interested to learn how this is done. I found that it is really easy to make and I was amazed how crispy and flavoursome these chips are. I used a air fryer to make my kale chips. If you don’t have an air fryer, simply use your oven (see note below).
Here’s a video on how to make kale chips.
How to make Kale Chips
- a bunch of kale
- olive oil
1. Remove the kale leaves from the stem. Discard stem.
2. Cut or tear kale leaves into bit size pieces.
3. Use a salad spinner to wash and remove excess water from kale leaves. Alternatively use paper towel to soak up the excess water.
4. Sprinkle a little salt onto the kale leaves and drizzle some olive oil. Stir the kale leaves to ensure they are evenly coated.
5. Pour the kale leaves into the air fryer basket and fry at 160C for around 6 minutes. Stir the leaves every 2 min. to ensure even cooking. The leaves will become dry and increasingly crispy. Keep checking – do not burn the leaves. The kale chips are ready when they are dry and crispy. Enjoy !
Note: If you are using an oven:
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the leaves in a single layer on the baking paper.
- Cook the leaves at 160 C. Keep checking on the leaves; stir them around to ensure even cooking and avoid burning the leaves. They are ready to eat when dry and crispy.