I love crispy chicken but don’t like the oily smell and smoke from deep frying. So I decided to bake my chicken instead. The baked crispy chicken turned out nice and crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside – finger licking good. Besides, no oil is added, therefore healthier. No more deep fried chicken for me!
- 8 chicken pieces with skin on (thighs, legs, wings) – marinade with
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Marinade the chicken for half an hour.
2. Dip pieces of chicken in beaten egg and then into the panko bread crumbs. Ensure the chicken is fully coated.
3. Place coated chicken on a paper lined baking tray.
4. Bake in a 180oC oven for 20 minutes. Turn the pieces over to brown the other side. Chicken is ready when golden brown.