I love apple & blueberry crumble – the filling is warm and tart, the crust buttery and crumbly. It is quick & easy to prepare and all I need is an apple, some blueberries, butter, flour & sugar. This makes a delicious dessert with ice cream. This recipe yields 2 serves. You will want more :-9
Ingredients (makes 2 serves)
- 1 green apple (peel & cut into small cubes)
- A handful of frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 50 gm flour
- 25 gm soft butter
- 25 gm sugar
1. Make the filling by putting all the ingredients into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust to your liking. Place mixture into a small baking dish.
2. Make the crumble by putting all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to a crumbly consistency. Sprinkle on top of the filling.
3. Bake in a 180oC oven for 15 minutes till the crust is golden brown.
4. Serve with dollops of ice-cream.