One of my favourite breakfast food is pancake. I like my pancake with just the right amount of fluffy texture with a tinge of saltiness and fragrance of egg and butter. You can serve pancake plain or with topping such as butter & maple syrup, blueberry sauce, fruit, jam, whipped cream or fried bacon. My favourite topping is butter & maple syrup. Fluffy Pancake spread with butter and maple syrup …Mmmm… a good morning indeed!
INGREDIENTS (yield 3 large pancakes)
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Canola oil
- Topping such as butter & maple syrup, blueberry sauce, fruit, etc
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg and melted butter.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, a little at a time and stir to combine. Put this through a fine sieve to remove all lumps and achieve a smooth consistency.
4. Heat a flat bottomed pan on medium. Use paper towel to spread a very thin layer of oil on the bottom.
5. Pour 1/3 of the mixture onto the pan for each pancake. If making smaller pancakes, leave space in between to allow them to spread out.
6. Once the bubbles start to burst, flip the pancake over to the other side. Lower the heat if necessary. Do not over burn.
7. Serve pancakes with any topping. I like butter with maple syrup or honey best.