There is something delightful about biting into soft, chewy, gooey dough filled with sweet peanut paste. Roll the sweet glutinous rice dumpling in fresh shredded coconut and you will end up with a most delectable snack. Here is a simple recipe for those keen to try making sweet glutinous rice dumpling.
- 1 cup of glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of roasted peanut (ground till fine)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 10 gm melted butter
- Fresh shredded coconut
1. Make the filling:
- Stir together ground peanut, sugar and melted butter until well combined.
- Divide into 12 portions.
- Roll each portion into a small ball.
- Set aside.
2. Cook the dough:
- Stir the glutinous rice flour, sugar and water till dissolved.
- Pour the liquid, through a sieve to remove lumps, into a deep plate.
- Cover the plate and microwave till the dough is cooked (turns translucent) – takes 4 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes before assembling.
- Scoop a spoonful of dough and place a knob of peanut ball into the middle.
- Using another spoon, gather the dough to enclose the peanut ball.
- Roll the dumpling in the shredded coconut.