Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken is a simple dish to prepare yet the flavour is so delicious ! The chicken is plump and juicy and the honey mustard sauce just simply heavenly. You will be asking for more.
- 4 chicken thighs (with bone and skin)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1 – 2 sprig of rosemary
- Sauce: combine
- 2 tablespoons hot English mustard (or a mixture of Dijon & wholegrain mustard)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
1. Sprinkle salt & black pepper over the chicken – on both sides.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of Canola oil in a pan and add the chicken thighs, skin down. Allow them to brown before flipping over to brown the other side.
3. Add garlic and onion and cook for a minute or two.
4. Transfer to a baking dish and pour the sauce over the chicken. Coat the chicken well.
5. Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil and bake in a 160C (fan-forced) oven for 15 mins.
6. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes or till the chicken is cooked.