Crispy Salmon Skin
I love crispy salmon skin. Although it is easy enough to fry the salmon with skin on, it can be tricky to get the skin super crisp without over cooking the salmon. So, I decided to cook salmon flesh and skin separately. I use baking paper to get crispiest skin without the skin furling up. Here’s how.
- Place salmon, skin down, on the chopping block.
- Using a knife, carefully peel flesh away from the skin. *
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.Place skin on the baking sheet. Flatten the skin.
- Sprinkle skin with salt & black pepper.
- Place another piece of baking paper on the skin.
- Place a wire grill stand on top of the baking paper.
- Bake at 160C (fan forced) for 10-15 mins.
*Cook salmon flesh using your favourite method. I like to lightly pan fry it (after sprinkling with salt & black pepper) until pink.