Rogan Josh Lamb Curry
This curry is extremely aromatic. The lamb meat is flavoursome and tender. The curry gravy is rich and robust. Yummmmm!
I will be adding Rogan Josh Lamb Curry to my top 15 recipes list.
- 600 gm lamb shoulder (cut into 1-2 inch chunks)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 inch ginger (grated)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 cardamom pods
- 1 3 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- ¼ cup yogurt
1. Heat oil in a earthen pot over medium high heat. Brown lamb in batches. Leave lamb in the pot.
2. In a separate saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of Canola oil. Add garlic, ginger and onion and fry till fragrant.
3. Add the spices and fry for 3-5 minutes till fragrant.3. Add tomatoes and yogurt and stir to combine.
4. Pour spice mixture into the pot of lamb. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour or till tender.
5. Serve with steamed rice or roti.