Lamb & Vegetable Pie
I am really pleased with this lamb & vegetable pie recipe. It’s meaty, flavoursome with lots and lots of gravy – just the way I like my pie. I could eat the lot all by myself. Next time, I will probably double the amount of filling. Yum!
- 300 gm lamb meat (cut into cubes & sprinkle with salt & black pepper)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetable (peas, corn, carrot)
- 4 fresh button mushrooms (cut into cubes)
- 1 potato (cut into cubes)
- 20 gm butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
1. Heat a little Canola oil and brown the lamb cubes. Remove to a dish.
2. Add 2o gm of butter to the saucepan and heat it till frothy.
3. Add 1 tablespoon flour to the butter and stir till the flour is cooked.
4. Add a couple of tablespoons of beef stock to the flour mixture nand stir till it forms a paste. Add the rest of the beef stock, lamb and vegetables. Bring to the boil, cover the saucepan and simmer for 10 mins or until the gravy is thickened.
5. Pour lamb mixture into a baking dish.
6. Place a sheet of puff pastry on the baking dish, trim the sides and fit the puff pastry to cover the lamb mixture. Make a criss cross cut in the middle of the puff pastry to allow the hot air to escape.
7. Bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 20 mins.