The slippery smooth texture of angel hair pasta goes really well with the piquant chilli egg sauce and sweet crab meat. Chilli sand crab with angel hair pasta is an excellent starter for a home-cooked dinner party that will impress your guests. Easy to prepare.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 starter servings)
- 100 gm sand crab meat
- 100 gm angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon belachan chilli
- salt & black pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
1. Cook the angel hair pasta in salted boiling water till just tender. Place angel hair in a serving dish.
2. In a pan, heat up 1 tablespoon of Canola oil and fry ginger, garlic and chilli until fragrant. Add tomato ketchup, sugar, lemon juice, belachan chilli and water and bring the sauce to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thicken. Taste the sauce and add salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Add beaten egg slowly and stir briefly. Add crab meat and turn off the heat immediately.
4. Pour crab meat and sauce over the angel hair pasta. Enjoy!