Soya Sauce King Prawn (豉油王煎蝦)
Prawns rank number one in my list of favourite food, especially barbecue prawns. Whenever I see barbecue prawns on the menu I cannot resist ordering it, despite how interesting the rest of the menu may look.
Next on my list is soya sauce king prawn. In this case, the “king” refers to the soya sauce not the prawn. The mix of light and dark soya sauce on the crispy crunchy prawn adds a special dimension that makes this a most delicious succulent dish. This dish never fails to please and yet it is so simple to make. Yum, yum, yum!
- 12 fresh prawns with shells (discard heads, remove spike on tail, slit the back shell)
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 thumb-size ginger (minced)
- 1 chilli (sliced)
- Soya sauce mix:
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10 fresh basil leaves (or coriander leaves)
1. Mix garlic, ginger and chilli with the prawns.
2. Heat the Canola oil in the pan till very hot. Add the seasoned prawns and let the prawns fry till golden before flipping to the other side.
3. Turn off the heat and add the soya sauce mix and stir to combine.
4. Add basil leaves and serve immediately.