Creamy Salmon Pasta
This salmon pasta dish is light yet creamy, full of omega 3 goodness and fresh herbs and so easy to prepare.
INGREDIENTS (2 servings)
- 150 gm spaghetti (or fettucine)
- 8 green beans (sliced into 3 pieces each)
- 20 gm butter
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 200 gm salmon fillet
- Creamy sauce:
- 100 gm ricotta
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- Handful of fresh basil leaves (chop some and leave some whole for garnishing)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed in 1 tablespoon of water
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta in salted water till tender. Add the green beans for the last two minutes of the cooking time. Drain and keep warm.
2. Pan sear the salmon: Season salmon with salt and black pepper. Add the butter to a frying pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly golden. Add garlic slices and fry till fragrant. Sear salmon in the garlic butter for a few minutes before flipping salmon to the other side. Do not overcook the salmon. Remove to a plate to cool. Flake salmon into pieces.
3. Add ricotta, milk, lemon juice, thyme, chopped basil leaves and 1 cup of water to the pan and stir to combine. Simmer for a while before adding the cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Add pasta and green beans to the frying pan and toss with the sauce. Turn off heat, add the flaked salmon and gently mix through. Remove to serving plate and grind some black pepper and scatter some fresh basil leaves on top of the pasta.