If the sauce looks somewhat familiar, it’s because I am using the famous Singapore chilli crab sauce for my mixed seafood. Even without the shells, the sauce is just as tasty, rich and satisfying. A perfect match for any seafood. Chilli seafood is simply delicious.
- 500 gm of mixed seafood (prawns, scallops, calamari, salmon, white fish)
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon belachan chilli
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
1. Heat up 1 tablespoon of Canola oil and fry scallops, prawns, calamari and fish separately until just cooked (as they cook at different speed). Remove to a plate.
2. Using the same pan, heat up 1 tablespoon of Canola oil and fry ginger, garlic and chilli until fragrant. Add water, tomato ketchup, sugar, lemon juice and belachan chilli and bring the sauce to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thicken. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add beaten egg slowly and stir briefly. Turn off the heat immediately. Pour sauce over the fried seafood and serve chilli seafood with steamed rice.