Felt like having a simple yet satisfying meal and thought of pasta. Here’s a recipe you may wish to try out if you like the taste of chunks of beef, bite into squishy tomatoes and enjoy a bit of heat from spicy hot chorizo.
- 200 gm skirt beef (cut into cubes)
- Marinade for beef:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons hot chorizo (diced)
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes (choose a mixture of yellow, red and orange tomatoes)
- 150 gm fusilli pasta (long thick corkscrew shape pasta)
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 10 fresh basil leaves
1. Season beef cubes with marinade for 15 minutes.
2. Cook fusilli pasta in some salted boiling water till tender. Strain pasta.
3. Add oil to a pan ad fry minced garlic till fragrant. Add seasoned beef cubes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove to a dish.
4. Add hot chorizo, tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and water to the pan and simmer sauce for 5 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust taste to your liking.
5. Stir in pasta ensuring it is fully coated with sauce.
6. Add beef cubes,basil leaves and black pepper and give it a quick stir. Serve the spicy beef and tomato pasta immediately.