My fluffy Banana-Almond Muffins are easy to make. You won’t feel guilty eating these muffins as there is no butter and only one egg is used to make 8 muffins! These guilt-free banana-almond muffins are full of banana flavour and crispy almonds. Delish!
Make some today, eat a couple and freeze the rest for those in-between meals cravings. To freeze, allow the muffins to cool completely. Place the muffins in separate freezer bags and seal. Apparently they can stay in the freezer for up to 3 months but you probably won’t wait that long to finish them. To reheat, allow the muffin to thaw completely, wrap it in kitchen paper towel and reheat in the microwave for 20 seconds.
INGREDIENTS (makes 8 muffins)
- 2 ripe bananas, roughly mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Almond flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line eight holes in a muffin tray.
2. Put the egg and the sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until combined.
3. Mash the bananas and add to the bowl. Beat the mixture.
4. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture and continue to whisk until well blended. Stir in the oil and mix well.
5. Fill the muffin tray and top with almond flakes.
6. Bake for 20 mins.