One of the simplest dishes to make is pasta. Add fresh prawns and toss with chilli, tomatoes, garlic, basil and cream, and viola! a delicious flavoursome meal. It takes no more than 20 mins to whip this up; definitely one for the busy office worker after a hard day’s work.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 150 gm spiral pasta
- 8 fresh prawns (peeled, de-veined)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 1 fresh chilli (sliced)
- 2 pieces sun-dried tomatoes (minced)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 fresh tomatoes (quartered)
- 6 green beans (blanched and chopped)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (use fresh basil leaves where available)
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until tender. Drain.
2. Season prawn with salt and pepper for 5 minutes.
3. Put oil in the pan and add marinated prawns and fry until coloured. Remove prawns to a dish.
4. Add more oil to the pan and fry garlic and chilli until fragrant. Add tomatoes, green beans, tomato sauce, sugar and chicken stock to the pan and simmer for 5 mins. Finally add cream and stir and bring it to the boil.
5. Add cooked pasta and basil and toss well. Remove to serving dish and top with prawns.